Wednesday, September 17, 2014

Scores Killed As Boko Haram Bombs Federal College Of Education, Kano

nigeria_boko
An explosion has occurred at the federal college of education, Kano, Kano state
Another source, a resident of Kosar Famfo community where the school is located, said he had been informed by a student that a suicide bomber was responsible for the explosion and that “many dead bodies” littered the ground immediately after it went off.
Earlier, a witness, who teaches at a private school close to the college, had told newmwn that the explosion went off at about 2pm, and was followed by sporadic gun shots. The exact cause of the explosion is still unclear.
“Around 2:00pm, when I closed from work, I boarded a taxi and I heard a big bang,” she said. “I did not even know what it was until I saw students running out from the direction of FCE. I heard from one of them that there was a blast and some people were shooting but I actually don’t know those shooting. “Until we past there, people were running, commercial vehicle drivers, and bicycle and tricycle riders were fleeing.


Everyone was in a hurry to leave the vicinity. We all ran past. Security and emergency officials have commenced rescue operations. 

No comments: