Tuesday, September 30, 2014

Jose Mourinho hints that he would join another English club if Chelsea ever dispose of him

The Special One was discussing his future as he gets ready to return to his former club Sporting Lisbon in the Champions League
Jose Mourinho, Chelsea, 07272014

Jose Mourinho insists he will only leave Chelsea if he is sacked, though he has not ruled out the possibility of one day managing a Premier League rival.
The Portuguese admits he would be willing to manage elsewhere in the Premier League but insists his priority is and will always be remaining at Stamford Bridge.
Mourinho first departed Stamford Bridge in September 2007 after a breakdown in relations with Blues owner Roman Abramovich put an end to a trophy-laden three years in west London.
The Portuguese went on to achieve success in Italy and Spain with Inter and Real Madrid, but made a dramatic return to Chelsea in the summer of 2013 following the departure of Rafa Benitez.
It was widely reported at the time that Mourinho’s preferred choice for a return to England was succeeding Sir Alex Ferguson as Manchester United manager, only for the Scot to instead select David Moyes as his replacement.
But while the Special One will not dismiss his chances of ever managing another Premier League giant, he is adamant he is fully committed to Chelsea.
“If it had to be, yes,” Mourinho replied when asked if he would ever manage another English club.
“My priority will always be Chelsea and I never think about the interest of others. But I know football and know I won’t be here five, eight, ten years if I don’t manage to win. Of course not.
“That’s not my essence as a coach, because I don’t like to live in those comfort zones. It doesn't fit my personality.
I will only leave when they want me to leave. There’s no other country, club or investment that motivates me. I will only leave when Mr Abramovich calls me to tell me it’s over. 
“Only on that day will I look for other solutions. But to answer the question, I will say that when I have to think about the matter, then we’ll see.”


No comments: